You might think that accident reconstruction is something you only see on TV or hear about in the news, but it could be relevant to your car accident case as well. Determining fault in a car accident is crucial to your car accident claim. Since Tennessee is a comparative fault state, accurately determining fault can have a significant impact on your claim. Accurately collecting and documenting evidence is crucial and sometimes requires us to reconstruct an accident. The Lawyers of Brown & Roberto work with accident reconstruction experts when necessary to collect and preserve evidence of liability in car, truck and motorcycle accidents.
There are several types of evidence that can be useful in a car accident cast to help prove who was responsible for the accident. These may include:
- Photographs and measurements of skid marks
- The damaged vehicles, which may include defective safety equipment such as tires, seat belts and brakes
- GPS units and on-board computers (if equipped) which can show speed, braking and location
- Photographs of road defects such as potholes or missing guard rails
- Photographs of untrimmed shrubs and other landscaping that may have blocked your view or the view of the other driver
- Witness statements
- Cell phone records
Even though the other driver may be apologetic after the accident and admit fault, his or her story can change over time. The goal of the other driver’s insurance company is to assign as much fault to you as possible to minimize your recovery or avoid paying you anything. Even if the other driver was at fault, the insurance company may try to assign blame to you in order to reduce their liability. They may claim that:
- You were speeding
- You failed to look both ways at an intersection
- You did not attempt to avoid the accident.
Don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you. Call an experienced car accident lawyer today!
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
With more than 75 years of combined experience and more than $45 million recovered for our clients, The Lawyers of Brown & Roberto are serious lawyers, who know how to win. Contact us today to arrange for a free consultation. With our contingency fee arrangement, you pay no attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you. Call (865) 691-2777 or use the convenient response form below.
For more information on car accident cases, visit our blog.