Should I Provide a Recorded Statement after a Car Accident?

Share this Post:

car accidentInsurance companies will often ask their clients to provide a recorded statement after a car accident. Our clients often ask if they should provide such a recorded statement to the insurance company or not. The answer depends on whether it is your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance company.

The other driver’s insurance company

Generally, it is a bad idea to speak with the other driver’s insurance company at all without your attorney present. Your goal is to get them to pay for any damage to your car or for injuries that you may have suffered. Their goal is to pay out as little as possible, or ideally, nothing at all. That’s how they make their profit. They have adjusters and teams of attorneys all for the sole purpose of limiting what they have to pay. That is why it is not in your best interest to provide a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company, especially if you are not represented by an attorney. An experienced car wreck lawyer will understand the law and can make sure that you get a fair chance to tell your story.

Your insurance company

Generally, you have a duty to assist your own insurance company in the investigation of any claims. Many people want to work with their insurance company out of a sense of loyalty. However, you may end up asking them to pay for your car wreck injuries if the other driver did not have insurance or did not have enough insurance. Again, an experienced car accident attorney can help you provide the information that your insurance company needs, while also protecting your rights, so that you get the recovery that you deserve.

Call today for a free consultation.

The Lawyers of Brown & Roberto are serious lawyers who know how to win. With more than 75 years combined experience, The Lawyers of Brown & Roberto have recovered more than $45 million for their clients. Our office is conveniently located in West Knoxville, with plenty of free parking. We’re happy to meet with you free of charge to discuss your case and answer any questions that you may have. Call (865) 691-2777 or use the convenient response form below.

Visit our blog for more related content.

Contact Us

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply